Microsoft Software for Students/Faculty/Staff
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Student Government Association (via STEP) is proud to offer a selection of Microsoft software to our faculty, staff, and students!
Students are eligible to receive the Microsoft Office suite of products as well as Microsoft operating system (Windows) software. This software is available to all students while the are enrolled UL Lafayette. Graduates are allowed to continue to use the software. If a student stops attending the university before graduating they are no longer eligible to use the software and must remove it from all computers on which it was installed.
Faculty and Staff (two options):
- Work at Home Program
Through the Work at Home (WAH) program faculty and staff are granted the right to use a second copy of a limited selection of products on either a home or portable computer for work-related purposes. If an employee separates from the university they are no longer eligible to use the software and must remove it from all computer on which it was installed. The University in partnership with Kivuto Solutions (formerly e-Academy) is distributing the software via an online store (see link below). The software is available as a direct download, or may be purchased with shipped media (Install DVD).
- Home Use Program
University employees are also eligible to participate in Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP). This program enables you to purchase a licensed copy of most Microsoft® Office desktop PC applications to install and use on your home computer. Under the Home Use Program, you and our other employees may purchase a licensed copy of the Home Use Program software (e.g. Office Enterprise) to install and use on a home computer. You may continue using HUP software while you are under the university's employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage.
- Students and Faculty/Staff Work at Home program - WAH:
- Click on the Link: http://louisiana.onthehub.com
- Enter your CLID and password
- Select the Microsoft Corporation title you wish to purchase
- Complete the steps for payment and/or delivery options (there will be no charge for students)
For Help regarding download, installation, or problems with the online store, refer to the Help section at the top right of the online store.
- Faculty/Staff Home Use Program - HUP:
- Click here to get more information about Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP) and retrieve the university's program code. You will need this code in step 4 below. You will need to enter your UL CLID and password in order to access the program code.
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/
- Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
- Enter your university e-mail address and insert the program code obtained in step 1.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may NOT share this number with anyone outside our organization.
- Place your order online. You will then be able to download the software. If you choose to purchase physical backup media it will be shipped to the location you have chosen. Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.
For additional help accessing the online store, please contact the IT Help Desk:
- Website: http://helpdesk.louisiana.edu
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (337)482-5516
- In Person: Stephens Hall room 201 (Mon-Thu 7:30AM to 5:00PM Fri 7:30AM-12:30PM)
We trust you will enjoy this benefit and look forward to your participation!